Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Flats and Handwashing Challenge Materials

 I am using my flat diapers for the first time today.  The actual Flats and Hand-washing Challenge doesn't happen for a few more weeks and only lasts 7 days but I wanted to really challenge myself and use them for a month. Personally, I can do anything for a week but persevering through an entire month...that is a challenge for me.

   
The very FIRST flat diaper...Osocozy flat in a kite fold held in place with a snappi
At this point I can say that this is easily something I can do, but I need to qualify that with the fact that I have only put ONE flat on him so far.

To prepare for this challenge I had to gather some materials because my diaper supply was very pocket diaper heavy and contained NO flats at all.

These are the items that I already had at home:
1 five gallon bucket with lid for a camp style washer
Several diaper covers (Weehuggers, Thirsties and Bummis)
Wet bags for soiled diapers
Dharma Fiber Reactive Procrion Dyes and all materials needed to dye and tie dye


Here is the list of the items I purchased new:
6 packs of Vandring Burp Cloths from Ikea
1 pack of Osocozy Flats from Fluff Envy
1 Bummis Super Snap Diaper cover (Rockets) from Fluff Envy
1 Blueberry Coveralls (Dinos with snaps) from Fluff Envy
1 Thirsties Duowrap (Hoot with snaps) from Fluff Envy
2 packs of Toddler Size Snappis from Fluff Envy
1 pack of 6 diaper pins from Babies R Us
1 pack of 3 waterproof training pants from Babies R Us

1 Heavy Duty Drying Rack from Menards
1 new toilet plunger from Home Depot




 The cost of the new items that I purchased before taxes was $116.82 and honestly I did not need to get everything I purchased. Some items I bought because I want to see how they work and will discuss them in future posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment