Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day THREE of the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge

I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world! 

 Wednesday-Favorite Way To Use Flats
 (A short and sweet post after a very busy day!)


Swaddlebees Flat Diaper from this morning

 My favorite way to use flats as diapers is to use the Happy Anteater fold with a second flat inside pad folded with a PUL cover (not pictured)

My 15 year old daughter's favorite way to use a flat is pad folded in a pocket.

My husband's favorite way to use a flat is to avoid it at all costs.

Finally, my two year old's favorite way to use a flat is to take all of the freshly hand washed, line dried and folded flats out of the storage container. Then he makes a nest out of them, climbs into the nest and pretends to sleep with fake snores. (Next time I will try to take a picture!)

 So, far this challenge seems to be more challenging to the rest of my family than to me. I don't mind washing by hand and I have found that I really like the flat diapers. I keep wondering why I didn't try them sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment