Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day SEVEN of the Second Annual Flats and Hand Washing Challenge

I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world! 

Sunday- THE END!

This week has been an interesting week. I have been using flat diapers and hand washing them for an entire seven days. In addition to using the flats and hand washing I also blogged about it every day. You can read about my week by clicking on each of the days below:

Monday- Why I am taking the challenge
Tuesday- Supplies
Wednesday- Favorite way to use flats
Thursday- How am I doing/My thoughts on hand washing
Friday- Ten things I have learned so far
Saturday- Challenge to do more 

Completing this challenge has given me more knowledge about using cloth and taught me ways of diapering that I hadn't tried before. I feel able to sit down with some one and help them trouble shoot to come up with a solution that would allow them to be able to use cloth. Even using cloth diapers part time has the potential to cut the cost of diapering in half.
This is one of the towels we found at Goodwill
The cover we found at Goodwill....found out the hard way that it is not waterproof
One of the most difficult challenges for me this week has been traveling with the flats and washing them in a hotel bathroom. They haven't been drying well and I believe that I will have to iron them tonight to speed the drying process so we can pack to leave first thing in the morning. The challenge ends tonight and I can see Walmart from the window of the hotel room...but guess what...I am still going to be using the flats that we brought with us...even traveling home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment